Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jorge Luis Borges - escritor muy famoso

For the literature buffs out there (and my former Spanish professors), I found out the other day that the RoadHouse where I'm currently staying is literally right next door to a house where Jorge Luis Borges lived for 5 years. The Wikipedia link will give you the basics if you are interested.

The plaque says:
Jorge Luis Borges
Lived in this house from 1938 until 1943.
Here he wrote The Circular Ruins (I think):
"No one saw him disembark
in the magnificent night..."

That same plaque is to the left of the green door in the picture,
and the entrance to RoadHouse is the brown door on the right.
That's pretty cool...I mean, maybe I'm a bit of a nerd,
but que bárbaro!

P.S. Bárbaro is slang for 'cool' or 'sweet'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I Am and Where I've Been